Ace of Wands: Take up Something New! (Thursday)

The Ace of Rods (aka Ace of Wands) is encouraging you to take up something new or to breath new life into an old hobby. Fresh starts are the theme with this card!

What do you see when you look at this wand? I see a pen, so I know I need to write more and keep up with my writing projects. Do you see a microphone? Start singing more, even if its just in the shower. Or do you just see flowers? Then get gardening! You get the idea….

Don’t hesitate to take up something new this week, even if it seems impractical. Don’t let that stop you because it just may turn into something really awesome!

In the comments below, let me know what new thing you are taking up this week…

This entry was posted in May 2013 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Ace of Wands: Take up Something New! (Thursday)

1. Jamie Morris says:

Hey, Kate–

I love your ideas about this Ace! Also, one thing I notice when I look at the card is the castle in the background. To me, I took this as a message that doing the work of the Ace (and, perhaps, as Ellen says, focusing on one Ace-y thing) will help me achieve a larger goal.

It’s still early in my brain, so I’m going to think about what this single focus might be for me and get back to you.

• Jamie Morris says:

Well, I figured out what the Ace of Wands means to me today: A riding crop to keep smacking me in the butt when I want to goof off and go “play tarot” instead of working on my rewriting project-in-progress!

2. Antonio says:

BTW wands now always bring back thoughts of your eveil twin. Thinking “what would Ms. Noir say about this?”–“Creativity, seminal thoughts to be spread….” hehe

I was afraid of that, actually! I can guarantee my evil twin Veronica does not see a “pen” or “microphone” when she looks at this card. LOL!

3. Antonio says:

I am starting a new lesson on empowerment. It all started with yesterday’s card, which made me think of that specific issue. Today, before I read this, I finished the first draft on it.
    As I say Kate; your readings are spur or confirmation, actually usually both.

Thank you, Tarot girl!

4. Ellen says:

For me the ace of rods remind me to focus on one thing, one rod. Make a choice and go do something instead of thinking , rethinking, reading, rereading and get lost in my mind…..
    For example I do love to write in my journal, but sometimes the day is gone before I even have written one single word.

5. Lori McDermott says:

such good timing on this! I am just beginning to breathe new life into a favorite hobby of mine (making stained glass memorial candle holders) by turning it into a little business and just now, before seeing today’s card, I posted a photo of the first one completed on my Facebook page … a most auspicious sign indeed 🙂

6. Erica says:

Oh crap! I forgot I wanted to update my portfolio. So back to the drawing board this week! Thanks Kate!

7. Lucille says:

I started practicing yoga yesterday !!!

8. Mary says:

I did a short course in candle-making six months ago and got hooked on making flowers out of wax. The wand reminded me instantly of the stem base you need to hold the flower. Thanks for the observation, it makes sense now. Incidentally, on Saturday I’m starting a beginner’s course in stained glass. So the craving for creating is definitely there!

Candle making and stained glass sound like so much fun. All this craft talk is making me want to do a course in something creative! I love the idea of making wax flowers.