What Do You REALLY Want? Let Your Tarot Cards Tell All…

If you’re like most Tarot readers, you’ve probably consulted your Tarot cards to get insight into the future.

For some reason we are all endlessly fascinated with THE FUTURE. But you know what? I am sick and tired of The Future. It’s totally boring.

Discovering my deepest, innermost desires and motivations is much more riveting!

So pick up your Tarot or Oracle card deck and join me on a journey to your subconscious and lets discover what really makes you tick. The Future can wait. It always does πŸ˜‰

Okay, lets get personal for a minute. Do you know what you want? What you really want? What you truly desire? Write it down – try to condense it to just one sentence or one word.

My Story…

Now bear with me for a minute as I ramble about my own life. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. I wanted to make lots of money doing what I love and be able to support myself and my partner so he didn’t have to work. But year after year, I wasn’t any closer to my goal.

I knew the steps I needed to take to make things happen, yet I wasn’t taking them. I was procrastinating. So if I knew what I wanted and knew how to get it, why was I not doing it?

The answer to that question was that even though I did want to make lots of money, I wanted something else as well. And that “something else” much more appealing than buckets of cash.

I asked my Tarot deck “what do I really want?”

four of swords 2

Robin Wood Tarot

I got the Four of Swords. To me, this Tarot card is all about rest, respite and downtime. This, in fact, is what I really want more than anything. Downtime to just relax and simply be. I just wasn’t admitting it to myself!

Since I associate money and success with work and busyness, the idea of making lots of money secretly held no appeal. This insight allowed me to begin shifting my beliefs about money, work and freedom – the first steps in creating real change!

Not knowing what you really want can hold you back from living an amazingly satisfying life. Sounds simple, but it eluded me for years.

Β Okay, now it’s your turn!

Question!: Is there something you just can’t seem to manifest, even though you really want it? What do you tell yourself you should do, but then don’t? Write it down!

Analyze: Now compare what you just wrote to what you wrote in the beginning about what you think you really want. Do the two mesh well or area they opposing each other?

Talk to your Tarot: Ask your Tarot deck “what do I actually really truly want?” Draw a card. Write it down. Do some hard-core journalling about what you think this card means.

If your Tarot card makes no f**king sense, read this.

If you got a really shitty card, like Eight of Swords, read the card in terms of it’s opposite meaning. For example, the Eight of Swords represents being stuck, so your desire would be freedom or perhaps being rescued.

If you want to share what card you got, share away in the comment section below! I can’t wait to find out what your secret desire is πŸ™‚

Enjoy This Article? Sign up for updates...its FREE!

My monthly newsletter is full of Tarot tips and insider secrets to intuition & psychic development...and so much more. Stay in the loop!

This entry was posted in October 2013, Saturday Posts, Tarot Tips and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to What Do You REALLY Want? Let Your Tarot Cards Tell All…

1. Terry Martin says:

OMG…I am so excited about this exercise. I mistakenly pulled 3 cards, ( Rider-Waite deck ), but the one with the most profound meaning was the Knight of Cups. I have been on the fence about reading Tarot or staying with yet another meaningless job. I really thought I wanted to be a Barista, but was unaware of the physical demands of the job; I am a Licensed Massage Therapist and have been having lower back problems and my thumbs are also in bad shape. I asked my spirit Tarot guardians to show me if this was the wrong job for me…they did !! The first day I knew I was in the wrong place, but because that is an ‘ acceptable ‘ job, to some from whom I always want approval, I tried to stick it out. Bad decision…when I saw this exercise I did it with an immediate realization via Knight/Cups; move forward, keep your love ( Tarot ) in focus…there may be a river to cross with unknown currents, and the fish are swimming across the current, so my decision may not go with the flow; however, if I cannot swim it, the wings on my feet and helmet will get me through the rough parts. Your advice to study what symbol your drawn to was very important. I kept wondering why this knight has fish on his armor !! I’m 61 years old, starting over alone, and I am walking away from my past, ( I also got the 8/cups ) but if I do what I love, my needs will be met. The other card was the 6/pentacles, which I think means keep my finances in balance, and I love homeless people !!! ??? Thanx so much for what you do !!!

2. tarotfun says:

Ok! so I asked my tarot deck β€œwhat do I actually really truly want? and that card that I drew was ‘Sharing” could you shed some light on this.

3. Tony says:

Hello Kate,
    Interesting to know that I am in alignment with what I think I want and what I actually, really want in life…I drew the 10 of Pentacles! I think I want peaceful surroundings, comfort and the ability to provide for loved ones. Ok, so now is the question, How?
    Great exercise, Kate!

4. Tatiana says:

So I just did this using my Wildwood deck, which is really interesting. I got the Ace of Bows (wands) reversed. Which normally sucks because the Aces are so great. My deepest desire is to move/get a new job (ie: a new job that’ll allow me to move) and with my wildwood deck, the ace of bows shows a tree trunk being split into two.

The end of the arrow is on fire, and the end is full of smoke. With it reversed, it reminded me of the chakras. With the top [crown] on fire, that means I’m spending a lot of time in my head, and doing 4th dimension work (ie: praying, and journaling and the like) and as we go down, we get to the smoke. On the sides of the cards, te tree is turning thin, raggedy and losing its lushness. At the bottom of the chakra system is the Root which deals with being grounded, and taking physical action – which I’m totally not doing. And there’s smoke rising up to the top of the arrow (since it’s reversed).

Not sure what the smoke might mean yet, but maybe what I actually want is… to take inspired action??? I’m not sure how to connect the imagery from the card into something tangible. Hmm… So hard.

5. Yelena says:

I almost laughed – it is Four of Swords too! I guess there are many of us

6. Love this exercise, Kate! Simple yet incredibly insightful.

So I asked the cards, “What do I REALLY want?”

As I shuffled, the reversed Hierophant fell out of the deck. Then the card I drew was the Tower. Well, well, well.

I’m ready to shake things up, challenge the status quo and go against the grain! I find these cards very empowering as they give me a sense I’m on the right track. The Tower has previously come up for me in terms of my spiritual calling, so I definitely see this card as my ‘friend’!

Thanks for this opportunity to pause and reflect on where I’m at.

Hi Brigit,
      I am glad you enjoyed this exercise. Your cards are so interesting! The reversed Hierophant definitely seems to suggest a desire to challenge authority – you must be a real rebel πŸ˜‰ The Tower makes me think of busting up old social structures that don’t really serve humanity anymore – well, you sure have your work cut out for you!

7. Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for your lovely and inspiring tarot work. I enjoy reading your blogs and listening to your videos. The meditation was great!

I have followed your instuctions, wrote down my wishes and picked a card.
    My card: 4 of wands. Precisely! This is truly me. I love staying at home, and wish I got spend more time here.

Love and heartsmile from

Thank you so much for your lovely compliments πŸ™‚ So happy you are finding my tarot work helpful!
      The four of wands – what a nice card to get for this exercise – I can definitely relate to that one.

8. Lauren says:

I’m learning Tarot and find your site so informative, fun and insightful!

9. Sarah says:

I’ve been seriously studying tarot for about 6 months now and your videos and website have been incredibly helpful and lots of fun, so thank you!

For this reading I received the Ace of Wands. Since I’m a writer, who coincidentally is fighting back from a gnarly bout of writer’s block, I interpreted this card as meaning that my deepest desire is for an abundance of creative power and energy.

Hi Sarah,
      I am delighted that your finding my website helpful in your Tarot studies πŸ™‚
      Love the card you got – that couldn’t be a stronger message for you!
      Hope you get over your writers block quickly,

10. Jamie Morris says:

This is the best, smartest post.

I adore you! And not in a creepy way!

11. Erin says:

I read this and immediately couldn’t wait to find out what my cards said. I was at work and itching to get home and read! Then I realized that, on a whim, I had grabbed my deck and tossed it in my purse this morning… Woohoo!

12. Mel says:

Oh my gosh, Kate! I love this idea and so going to do this for myself! You’re brilliant, thank you!

13. Ellen says:

I love articles like this one. Lets dig in deep with tarotcards!
    Yesterday I did a reading for myself (blog) and it told me that I didn’t know what my hearts desire was. But perhaps I I’ve buried it beneath all my small desires. (seven of cups) Afraid that if I find out, I’have to do something to make it happen .