Five of Pentacles ~ Start Telling a New Story!

5 of fossils

Animal Wisdom Tarot by Dawn Brunke

Feel like the weight of the world is crushing you? Or perhaps just the heavy load of all your responsibilities are bringing you down? Tell a different story!

If you find yourself lamenting to your friends about how hard things are, realize that this only creates more of what your complaining about. Especially if you actually feel worse afterwards.

Try re-writing your “script”. Here’s an example: The other day I said to a friend “nothing is working out the way I want it to and it is really disappointing.”

I felt much worse after saying that.

What I am going to say from now on is: “While things aren’t unfolding the way I had hoped, I know that everything is unfolding in the order and time it is meant to. I am excited to see where this leads.”

The second response is just as true as the first response, but it has a positive feel to it and makes me feel empowered instead of a helpless victim of life.

Do you have a negative “script” or story that you keep telling yourself and others? How can you re-write it so it feels good?

This entry was posted in November 2013 and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Five of Pentacles ~ Start Telling a New Story!

1. Manashi Basu says:

Thank you Kate. For showing a different perspective. Actually whatever we say resonates in the atmosphere & comes back many times more than said…so it’s better say something nice so that it makes you feel better & change the perspective as well. I am new to tarot . I ‘m learning things everyday…I’m glad I found you. Thank you for being there.

Thank you Manashi – I’m glad you found me too! That is so excited that you are just getting started with Tarot – I hope you find my site helpful as you learn 🙂

2. Marcie says:

Hi Kate!
    Thanks so much for this reminder! I actually pulled for my daily reading the 10 of Wands, and now the 5 of Pentacles! I have a lot of stress going on with trying to finish my Comprehensives for my graduate degree. I have been very scared that I am not going to finish them on time, but after reading this, it reminds me to change my point of view and think positively about them, and carry on! Thank you again Kate!

3. Tameko says:

For me lately, it’s about feeling disappointed or dissatisfied with life and how things are unfolding or how I think they are ‘not’ unfolding. So this rings true for me. And I know it’s helpful to re-write my script. Every morning I try to remember to start my day with a positive poem I wrote –

“I see myself having a pleasant day.
    All negative energy is at bay.
    And I only see good things coming my way.”

And some times things happen throughout the day that will give me the opportunity to make some decisions on how I’ll react or respond to them. This was the case yesterday at work. But I feel I handled it. I guess it’s about choices. We can always choose something better when it comes to our thoughts.

Thanks for the reminder, Kate.

Tameko, thank you for sharing your poem 🙂 I can see how that would be a really nice way to start your day. I think I should do something similar – thanks for the idea!

4. EG says:

I was in the same situation a couple of days ago, and still yesterday. This message from you is a real recovery and a totally new point of view! Thanks! 🙂

🙂 Good to hear! (not good to hear you are in the same situation – but good to hear you found this reading helpful – you know what I mean!)

5. Ellen says:

Yesterday I’ve drawn the ace of swords as a reminder to shift my way of thinking if I want situations/feelings to change. Every change starts with one thought just as retelling story 🙂

6. Heidi says:

Your readings for all of us, fit me like they are all just for me. I haven’t seen the Tower for a while, and it was perfect timing. Usually the readings are quite positive, and this day offers one of the more challenging readings, but it fits and comes not long after a Tower day, which to me means a challenge is coming. Today was interesting and I found myself finding ways to not spiral into the negative. It’s been an interesting day, and tomorrow holds my resulting actions. What I do and how I feel moving forward is important, thanks for the reading and advice.

I do feel like I am getting readings that are meant for me.

Through your readings, I am also learning new ways to see the cards and new positive ways to read them, since I do readings for my clients and have for many years, it’s nice to add some freshness to my interpretations, and I do like you method also. I’m glad I discovered you.

Thanks Kate,

Thank you, Heidi! I am delighted that you are finding the readings helpful and that they are resonating with you on a personal level as well 🙂 Your words mean a lot to me.