The Hermit Tarot Card Meaning: Meditation, Consciousness and Solitude.
The Hermit is a Tarot card of introspection, wisdom, awareness, retreat and even spiritual enlightenment.The light in The Hermit’s lantern represents conscious awareness guiding the way.
In many ways, The Hermit is like the more mature, wiser version of The Fool. He is still an adventurer, still a seeker, only he is exploring the inner worlds of feeling, thought, ego and spirit.
Retreat from the busy-ness of daily life is at the heart of The Hermit Tarot card meaning. Solitude can help us gain the self awareness and understanding we need in order to engage peacefully with the world around us.
But there is also a rebellious side to The Hermit! The Hermit questions things, goes within and acts from his own inner truth. In doing so, he lights the way for others to do the same – he is a spiritual trail blazer of the highest order!
- Inaction, solitude and going within are what is needed right now
- You need to listen to your own inner voice when making plans and decisions
- Its time for your consciousness to awaken – you are ready to let go of ego and its incessant needs.
- How do you feel about consulting yourself on major issues? Or do you always rely on the advice and opinions of others?
- How can you incorporate mindfulness, meditation and going within into your life and work?
- How do I feel about this issue? What needs or beliefs could be underlying those feelings?
- Plan a day of solitude, where you can meditate, practice yoga, dance, draw, write and reflect on things.
- Explore some books about mindfulness, such as Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now.